I’m so excited that Spring is here! Although this winter in Connecticut hasn’t been the worst on record, it still has been pretty cold and I’m getting slightly tired of having to wear my Bean Boots all the time. I’m ready to bust out my favorites for Spring. But alas, on the first day of Spring it SNOWED 2 inches! So these items in my closet will just have to taunt me until it’s warm enough to rock them outside. Here’s 7 things I’m “Lynn Love” with for Spring!
- Lilly Shifts – Seriously I can never have enough of these. They are so flattering on every body type and the colors are to die for. They are so comfortable but extremely classy. Here’s the newest addition to my closet. I got an amazing deal on this one in Newport. Hint: It pays to shop in summer boutiques in February!
- Sperrys – I absolutely LIVE in these shoes all Spring and Summer. They are perfect for me at work and when I need to quickly throw a pair of shoes on to go for a walk or the grocery store. I don’t sail but I can still look the part!
- Mahi Gold – These jersey dresses are some of my favorite staples in the Spring. Mahi is based in Chatham, MA on Cape Cod where I have spent most of my life. Their fabulous patterns and colors rival Lilly with their fun flare and preppy look. Try one on and you’ll agree. These are always tucked away with me when going to Chatham. Definitely my Cape Cod uniform!
- Kiel James Patrick – I was a little late to the game on Kiel’s products but I followed him and his wife Sarah on social media admiring their fabulously preppy lifestyle. I was so excited when I found out he produced a line of accessories. I got a gift card for Christmas and bought a couple of items that I wear almost everyday. They go so well with my Cape Cod bracelet. Now I’m reppin’ the Cape and Newport. Two of my favorite coastal towns
- Crew shorts – Okay it may look like I have a lot of these… and well, I do. But that’s only because I wear these almost everyday (once it gets warm enough). The colors are so irresistible! The fit is perfect especially the length. I’m pretty tall so sometimes shorts look a little hoochy. But not these! They also make a summer outfit look more put together than wearing cutoff jean shorts. I tend to save those for the beach over my suit. I ordered one more color for this season – Nantucket Red!
- Rainbow Sandals – I wouldn’t be bi-coastal me if I didn’t have a West Coast item on this list. I absolutely love Rainbow Sandals. They conform to your foot after you wear them a few times making them extremely comfortable. A few years ago I was able to go to their factory store in San Clemente, CA and got a pink pair! I’m sure there will be more to come to my closet this summer.
Sunscreen – This may not be prep gear but it’s an essential for me in the upcoming warmer months. My skin is very sensitive so the sun can irritate it easily. But, sunscreen is so important for everyone, not just people like me. Being able to lay out in the sun is getting so close! I’m definitely not going to be skimping on this.
There you have it, my 7 favorites for Spring. I cannot wait until I can put my boots and sweaters away and live in these! I would love to hear what you love to wear this time of year. Send me yours!