Hi everyone my name is Erika, welcome to my blog! In an attempt to introduce myself, here are 20 random facts about me. This will also give you an idea of what kind of things you should expect when you come visit my blog.
- I am a New England girl. I grew up in Massachusetts and I currently live in Connecticut for work but I spent a lot of time in California. Living in San Francisco and having family in So Cal. My style and personality is influenced by both. I’m definitely bi-coastal.
- Even though I grew up in MA, I don’t have the accent. Sorry to disappoint!
- I love, love, love to travel! I’ve been to a lot of major cities domestically and internationally. Here’s a little list: Boston (duh), NYC, Philadelphia, Miami, Las Vegas, San Francisco, San Diego, Los Angels, Montreal, Paris, Dublin, London, Munich, Barcelona and Milan (coming soon!) just to name a few. I would love to take an island vacation one day like St. Martin, the Caribbean or Turks and Cacaos.
- One of my favorite things to do is cook. I’ve taken cooking classes for fun to learn more techniques and I try a lot of different kinds of recipes. My boyfriend reaps the benefits being my guinea pig.
- I mentioned above I have a boyfriend. His name is Eric. Yes, we’re Eric and Erika. Super cute! Eric is my best friend and the most important thing to me. We do everything together including all our traveling adventures. We love taking small weekend trips to Philly or NYC visiting friends and family. We’ve been together almost 4 years now.
- I love fashion. My closet is jammed PACKED full of everything and anything. My style is pretty preppy but I can get glam when I want to. Some of my go-to retailers are Anthropologie (love their home goods as well), J Crew, Vineyard Vines and anything Lilly Pulitzer. I also love shopping at smaller, unknown designer boutiques – one of my favorites being Mahi Gold based in Chatham, MA.
- I am a big sports fan. Judging by the above content that might sound surprising but it’s true! I am a big Red Sox fan. I also love watching golf, tennis and football (or soccer as only Americans call it).
- I am a media professional but I was a Pre-Law/Politics major at the University of San Francisco (Go Dons!).
- I did ballet for a very long time. Started when I was 5 and took classes through college. I would love to learn Pointe (never got the chance) but its been tough trying to find adult beginner Pointe classes. Sigh.
- Strange but true – I hate peanut butter. Yes, I know. I want to like it because it’s a great healthy snack, but the taste and the texture… yuck! The worst is when I smell it on someone’s breath. Not good. (Other condiments I don’t like: mayo, ketchup, blue cheese dressing)
- … on the opposite end of that I love cheese! All kinds. I love making cheese plates for girls’ night at my house. I love all the different combinations and how rustic they look when they’re complete.
- My middle name is Lynn. So I’m Erika Lynn!
- I love music. I’ve been to so many concerts it’s hard to count. My favorite is Indie/Alt Rock, but in high school I loved heavy metal! I still listen to it at the gym sometimes. One of my favorite bands is the Decemberists. I also dabble with the guitar and piano but I’m definitely not ready for any open mic nights… yet!
- I didn’t like coffee until a couple of years ago. Now I look forward to a nice French press or pour over at home. It’s so relaxing. I take mine black! Two of my favorite brands are La Colombe (based in Philly) and Blue Bottle (based in San Francisco).
- I really like TV and movies. I’m more into TV at the moment just because of all the amazing shows and performances that are out there. Some of my favorites include Breaking Bad, House of Cards, Mr. Robot, Silicon Valley, John Oliver… and the list goes on and on.
- I have zero tattoos and my only piercing I have is one on both my ears. Yawn… I know.
- I try to stay fit so I’ve been ramping it up going 5 days per week at the gym. I do a lot of yoga and spinning. I really don’t like running so spinning is a good option (although I do run 2 miles twice a week)
- I am definitely a dog person! Eric and I don’t have one yet but we love poodles and Logottos. Obviously soft and fluffy is what we’re going for in a dog.
- My favorite flower is a hydrangea. The colors I love. It represents one of my favorite places in the whole world Cape Cod (I used to live there and basically grew up there).
- I work in TV but my passion is writing. I would love to work for a newspaper again. But since I don’t I thought this blog would be a great way for me to continue writing.
I’d love to get to know you too! Tell me a random fact about you!